These healthier German pancakes are topped with fat-free Greek yogurt and fresh fruit, reducing the sugar content. I added a little spreadable fruit and garnished them with confectioners’ sugar so they still taste sweet.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond-milk or low-fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh berries
- ½ cup sliced or julienned stone fruit such as peaches or plums
- ¼ cup mixed berry spreadable fruit optional
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dump all of the batter ingredients into a blender and pulse into smooth.
- Pour batter into greased or lined muffin tins, filling half-way.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until puffy and brown. The pancakes will deflate when you remove them from the oven.
- Spoon a tablespoon of yogurt followed by a teaspoon of spreadable fruit.
- Decorate with berries and stone fruit slices and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Enjoy!
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!