Rolled & Baked Breakfast Tacos
Wake, roll and bake for breakfast. Mexi-breakfast is always the best.
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. Greek yogurt
- 2 frozen sausage or veggie sausage patties
- 6 6" corn or flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. light Mexican cheese
- Your favorite salsa
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Whisk together the eggs and yogurt in a bowl, pour into a non-stick skillet (I like Calphalon's) and scramble over medium heat.
- Heat the sausages in a microwave for 45 seconds, then crumble them with a fork or spatula.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until warm.
- Place a tortilla on the baking sheet.
- Fill each tortilla with a thin row of egg and then sausage, (about 1T. of each). Sprinkle generously with cheese and roll. Make sure the taco is seam side down.
- Secure the rolled taco with a couple of toothpicks.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly.Â Remove the toothpicks. When you pick the tacos up with you hands they should stay together. Serve with salsa.Â Serves 2.
Secure the tacos with toothpicks after rolling and before baking.