Cute, kid friendly recipe for slices of apples dipped in chocolate and decorated with sprinkles candy or nuts.
- Three Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 10-ounce jar of caramel sauce, preferably Trader Joes Fleur del Sel Caramel Sauce
- Sprinkles and other toppings
- Flaky sea salt
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed candy bits
- Crushed cookies
- Mini pretzels
- Cut the apples vertically into Â½ inch slices, remove any seeds, then insert the stick at the bottom.
- Melt the chocolate on a rimmed plate in the microwave for 60 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip both sides of each apple slice in melted chocolate, leaving some of the skink visible on the sides and place on a piece of wax paper, then sprinkle with the toppings of your choice before the chocolate hardens.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Warm the caramel sauce according to package directions and drizzle over the apple slices and refrigerate until ready to serve.