This quick breakfast is a cross between matzo molletes and huevos rancheros. I used beans from a can and my homemade chiltepin salsa.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 sheet of Matzoh
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1 thin slice red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet.
- Gently crack the egg into the skillet and fry until the edges are crispy and the yolk is set to desired firmness, about 5-8 minutes.
- Carefully spread beans over the matzoh so as to not crack the sheet. The beans don’t have to be hot yet.
- Place the sheet of bean covered matzoh in a toaster oven, or full sized oven and toast until warmed, about 5 minutes. You can either use the toast setting or bake at 250 degrees.
- Drizzle salsa over the warm beans. Top with red onion and the egg. Enjoy!