These wings are hot! The spiciness will vary greatly though, depending on the heat of the chili flakes you are using, and the barbecue sauce you select. Choose a sauce that doesn’t list high fructose corn syrup as the first ingredient (or preferably at all). I used Stubbs Spicy. This recipe also works well for boneless skinless breasts.Â
- 6 chicken wings disjointed (12 pieces)
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- For Spice Rub
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon [course ground salt smoked if possible *Â http://www.amazon.com/grocery-gourmet-food/dp/B000FTU5I8]
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Secure the chicken and the spice rub ingredients in a resealable bag. Massage the spices into the chicken. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Grill on medium, covered until cooked throughout.
- Brush with barbecue sauce and let brown, about 2-5 minutes more.
*Note: I use smoked sea salt in a grinder for my everyday salt. A two pound bag costs about $17.00 and lasts for about a year. I think it makes everything taste better.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!